Paste painting procedure
This document description the application proceedures to safely apply the ED-7100 carbon paste. File:ED7100 Series paste.pdf
Requirements for safe handling
Before opening the paste please read the ED-7100 Safety Data Sheet located at
Be sure that the following are available:
An externally venting fume hood is recommended when working with this paste or a work area with very good ventilation.
- Poor Ventilation area
Wear a well fitted NIOSH approved or industrial type canister mask.
- The following are required for applying the paste
- suitable protection clothes.
- sack of sand or absorber for cleaning the area.
Paste Application Procedure
- a- Review the "Requirements for Safe Handling" section preceding this one before using the paste.
- b- Equipment And Tools
- ED-7100 paste
- isobutanol for cleaning,
- CLR A/F lens blue frame revolution dust goggles
- 27"WD 36"L vinyl clear ansell chem-resist apron
- 35"WD 45"L neoprene Black ansell chem-resist apron
- 8511 N90 3M particulate respirator
- Nitrile disposal gloves
- d- Application steps
- put on mask and apron (use goggles if spraying paste using printer)
- establish a work area under the ventilatin hood in the Laboratory for Detector Science#Add the paste to copper plate.(using a brush or a semi-mechanical printer)
- mix paste (if reducing is needed) under the hood for sufficient ventilation
- use applicator to smear paste on pc-board
- Clean the paste residues using isobutanol cleaner.
- Cure for 1 - 2h 30min. at 150 - 165 degrees Celsius.(Contact the company for IR-curing)
Back to the main page