Lab 9 TF EIM
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lab 9: Diode Circuits
1.) Construct the circuit shown below using a silicon diode.
2.) Use a sine wave generator to drive the circuit sowhere V and = 1kHz. (20 pnts)
3.)Based on your observations using a oscilloscope, sketch the voltagesand as a function of time.
4.)Do another sketch for= 1.0 V and another for 10.0 V (DONT LET ANY SMOKE OUT!). (20 pnts)
Differentiating Circuit with clipping
- Construct the circuit below.
- Select and such that the current from the +5V DC source is less than 1.0 mA and the DC voltage at is 3 V when there is no input pulse.
- Select a capacitor and a pulse width to form a differentiating circuit for the pulse from the signal generator. Hint: .
- plot and as a function of time using your scope observations. (20 pnts)
- Now add the diode circuit from part 1 to prevent from rising above +5 V. Sketch the new circuit below.
- plot and as a function of time with the diode circuit you added using your scope observations. (the diode should clip off positive spikes)(20 pnts)
- Explain your results in parts 1 & 2 in terms of the diode turn-on voltage. (20 pnts)