Lab 4 TF EIM
- RC High-pass filter
1-50 kHz filter (20 pnts)
1.) Design a high-pass RC filter with a break point between 1-50 kHz. The break point is the frequency at which the filter's attenuation of the AC signal goes to 0(not passed). For a High pass filter, AC signals with a frequency below the 1-50 kHz range will be attenuated .
2.) Now construct the circuit using a non-polar capacitor.
3.)use a sinusoidal variable frequency oscillator to provide an input voltage to your filter.
4.)Measure the input and output voltages for at least 8 different frequencies which span the frequency range from 1 Hz to 1 MHz.
phase shift (10 pnts)
- measure the phase shift between and
- compare the theoretical and experimentally measured break frequencies. (5 pnts)
- Calculate an expression for as a function of , , and .(5 pnts)
- Compare the theoretical and experimental value for the phase shift . (5 pnts)
- Sketch the phasor diagram for , , , and . (30 pnts)
- what is the phase shift for a DC input and a very-high frequency input?(5 pnts)
- calculate and expression for the phase shift as a function of , , and graph -vs . (20 pnts)