HRRL Move 2010
|Start Date||Finish Date||Task|
|10/01/10||11/01/10||Move the HRRL and construct new beamline|
|11/01/10||11/15/10||Measure Radiation Field and Prepare for Hunt Run|
|11/15/10||12/17/10||Hunt Beam Time (3 MeV, 300 Hz, multiple pulsing)|
|01/03/10||01/14/10||Prepare for high current emmittance measurements|
|01/18/10||01/21/10||high current emmittance measurements (10 MeV, 50 ns pulse width, variable rep rate and current)|
Design and build required infrastructure
Beam line CAD
The location of all magnets is provided by Yujong Kim.
Kevin Folkman will layout the CAD drawings
Accelerator Wall Mount
A mounting system needs to be designed for the HRRL which will be used for its new position. It is unclear if we can reuse the current stands. We will want a way to add lead sheets around the HRRL and the location of the Tungsten converter target which is after the first 3 quads and labeled (PT) in the drawings.
Chad has built one stand to hold 3 Quads. We will need 3 more stands built to hold quad triples and 2 stands to hold the "Kiwi" dipoles.
We will need another stand for the OTR camera but this can wait until after the Hunt run ends.
We need to solder cooling lines around the FC.
Move the HRRL
Install HRRL cavity mounting system
Disassemble beam line and move HRRL cavity to new location
A lot of time is being allocated to align the accelerator
Khalid and Sadiq will work on leveling the accelerator and mount alignment targets on the wall..
Attach cooling lines to the FC while Khalid working on the alignment. (Can Chad do this soldering?)
- 6 cross which connects the JLab flags, 2 ports for beam, 1 port for JLab flag, 1 port for optical window , 1 port for ion pump, remaining port blanked.
- a gun valve which comes out at 90 degrees to the beam line to use of less space
- Danfysik water cooled Slit model 563 File:DanfysikSlit563.pdf
- Spare gun (already have it at the IAC?)
- Aluminum OTR target Media:ALtarget_JLABflagOTR.pdf, tens of microns thick (thinner will melt and not be bright at HRRL energies), Rich Brey has a coating machine? (machine has uniformity problems),
Thin aluminum target for OTR right after 3 quads place at exit to Linac