Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Graduate Overhead Disbursement account
- To create a graduate student support account using indirects as the funding stream
- Provide support for graduate students during their final years (2) of Ph.D. study and a monthly or less frequent graduate student event during the school year where graduate students will discuss their work with each other in an informal setting under the direction of a faculty member.
A graduate student is eligible for funding from the GOD account if
- The graduate student was supported for at least 3 years by a faculty member who has provided indirects to the account for at least 2 years at the rate of 25% of their indirect return.
- The graduate student is in good academic standing.
- The graduate student has received prior support from this account for less than 2 years (The same student can not be supported by this account for more than 2 years)
- The graduate student has an out of state tuition fee waiver.
- The graduate student has passed their Ph.D. Qualifying Exam and successfully defended their Ph.D. proposal
The procedure below is used to select a candidate for funding
- Candidates must submit their application prior to spring semester's finals week in order to be funded for fall semester.
- A committee of at least 3 graduate faculty is created by the Chair that does not include an applicants main advisor.
- The committee is charged with recommending a candidate for funding and ranking candidates if there is more than one applicant.
- The committee will submit their recommendations before summer semester begins.
- Likelihood that the candidate will graduate within 1 year
- Student's academic record