Lab 8 TF EIM
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lab 8 The Diode Objective: Measure the current-voltage curve of a silicon diode.
- Construct the circuit below using a DC power supply, a diode.
- attach an Oscilloscope set to 1M input impedence as shown in the circuit diagram. The oscilloscope will serve as a Resistor to measure the voltage across the diode and calculate the current.
- Measure the diode reverse current as a function of the DC supply voltage.
- The reverse biased diode acts like a constant ____________.
- The forward biased diode has a very __________ resistance. A reverse biased diode has a very ____________ resistance.
- The approximate DC forward resistance for diode #___________ is _________ when the forward current is _______________.
- The approximate DC reverse resistance for diode #___________ is _________ when the forward current is _______________.
- The silicon diode #___________ has an approximate turn on voltage of ___________.