Difference between revisions of "Lab 8 TF EIM"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
Construct the circuit below using a DC power supply, a diode.
Revision as of 17:10, 14 February 2011
Lab 8 The Diode Objective: Measure the current-voltage curve of a silicon diode.
1.) Construct the circuit below using a DC power supply, a diode.
2.) attach an Oscilloscope set to 1Minput impedence as shown in the circuit diagram. The oscilloscope will serve as a Resistor to measure the voltage across the diode and calculate the current.
- Measure the diode reverse current as a function of the DC supply voltage.
- now swap the diode direction and repeat the measurement in the previous section.
- make the same measurements in parts 1 and 2 above for a germanium diode.
- Plot the diode current (on the ordinate) versus the diode voltage (on the abscissa)for both diodes on the same graph. (50 pnts)
- The reverse biased diode acts like a constant ____________. (10 pnts)
- The forward biased diode has a very __________ resistance. A reverse biased diode has a very ____________ resistance.(10 pnts)
- The approximate DC forward resistance for diode #___________ is _________ when the forward current is _______________.(10 pnts)
- The approximate DC reverse resistance for diode #___________ is _________ when the forward current is _______________.(10 pnts)
- The silicon diode #___________ has an approximate turn on voltage of ___________.(10 pnts)