Difference between revisions of "Lab 8 TF EIM"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
Revision as of 03:36, 27 October 2010
Lab 8 The Diode Objective: Measure the current-voltage curve of a silicon diode.
- Construct the circuit below using a DC power supply, a diode.
- attach an Oscilloscope set to 1M input impedence as shown in the circuit diagram. The oscilloscope will serve as a Resistor to measure the voltage across the diode and calculate the current.
- Measure the diode reverse current as a function of the DC supply voltage.
- now swap the diode dirction and repeat the measurement in the previous section.
- The reverse biased diode acts like a constant ____________.
- The forward biased diode has a very __________ resistance. A reverse biased diode has a very ____________ resistance.
- The approximate DC forward resistance for diode #___________ is _________ when the forward current is _______________.
- The approximate DC reverse resistance for diode #___________ is _________ when the forward current is _______________.
- The silicon diode #___________ has an approximate turn on voltage of ___________.