Difference between revisions of "Lab 3 TF EIM"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
Revision as of 17:54, 24 October 2010
RC Low-pass filter
1-50 kHz filter
- Design and construct a low-pass RC filter with a break point between 1-50 kHz. The break point is the frequency at which the filter starts to attenuate the AC signal. For a Low pass filter, AC signals with a frequency above 1-50 kHz will start to be attenuated (not passed).
- Now construct the circuit using a non-polar capacitor.
- use a sinusoidal variable frequency oscillator to provide an input voltage to your filter.
- Measure the input and output voltages for at least 8 different frequencies which span the frequency range from 1 Hz to 1 MHz.
- Graph the -vs-
- measure the phase shift between and