Airport Network Infrastructure
Proposed structure and hardware for IAC Airport facility, specifically for PITAS accelerator area.
External network access will be routed through a small Atom-based Linux server box which will handle floating and static IP DHCP requests.
- Server box has 2 network interfaces, 1 10/100 Fast Ethernet, 1 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- External network will be connected to Fast Ethernet interface
- Internal network will be connected to Gigabit Ethernet interface
Internal network will be split into two zones:
Internal network interface will be uplink for the Control network.
Control network machines will be served by a Dell PowerConnect 5324 24-port Gigabit managed switch. This switch will have a fiber transceiver installed, providing electrical isolation for connection to the Accelerator network. Fiber will be 1000Base-SX with SC connectors.
Accelerator network will be connected to the Control network via a TRENDnet Fiber Converter, which will serve as uplink for the Netgear ProSafe 16-port Gigabit unmanaged switch. All Accelerator network machines will be serviced by that switch.
Proposed networking and server hardware is listed below, with itemized price breakdowns.
Total Implementation Cost: $757 before shipping
- Dell PowerConnect 5324 Gigabit Managed 24-port Ethernet Switch w/Fiber SFP ports (On hand)
- SFP Fiber Transceiver (1000Base-SX SC) - ACP SFPGE-11-AOK (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833516039) - $45
- Netgear ProSafe GS116 Gigabit Unmanaged 16-port Ethernet Switch (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122139) - $155
- TRENDnet TFC-1000MSC Multi-Mode Fiber Converter (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156017) - $132
- SC-connector Fiber cable - $150
Networking Hardware Cost: ~$482 before shipping
- APEX MI-008 Mini-ITX Computer Case w/250W PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811154091) - $40
- Intel BOXD525MW Atom D525 NM10 Mini-ITX Motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121442) - $85
- Kingston 2GB 204-Pin DDR3-800 SO-DIMM Memory (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139220) - $28 (2ea @ $14)
- OCZ Onyx Series 32GB SATA2 MLC SSD (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227510) - $65
- ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 24x DVD Burner (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204) - $20
- Tripp Lite 600 VA UPS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842111231 - $60
Server Hardware Cost: ~$335 before shipping (without the UPS low enough not to get inventory involved).